Urgent Appeal: Pilkington Collection
We did it! The Northumberland Vase and several other key pieces of the Pilkington Collection are coming home!!
Earlier this year the Ironbridge Gorge Museum Trust launched a special fundraising campaign to purchase several key items within the Pilkington Collection. The Pilkington Collection had been on long-term loan to the Museum until the summer when the owner decided to sell the collection.
With support from a wide variety of individuals and organisations, the Museum was able to raise the funds to purchase several important pieces from the Collection including a Coalport China ‘Loving Cup’ decorated with the Forest Glen, two Caughley bowls adorned with the Iron Bridge, two Coalport plaques painted by John Randall, and the opulent Northumberland Vase. To learn more about these pieces, please visit the relevant pages in this section.
The Ironbridge Gorge Museum Trust would like to acknowledge the donors to this important fundraising campaign. They include:
• Arts Council England/Victoria and Albert Museum Purchase Grant Fund
• The Art Fund
• The Company of Arts Scholars Charitable Trust
• The Walker Trust
• The Bostock Foundation
• The Seven Pillars of Wisdom Trust
• The Worshipful Company of Goldsmiths
• Numerous individuals & anonymous donors
The Museum would also like to thank the following donors for invaluable in-kind support:
• The Worshipful Company of Arts Scholars
• Stockspring Antiquities
• Mr Phil Howell, Independent Ceramics Consultant