Jackfield Tile Museum
Jackfield Tile Museum is one of the ten Ironbridge Gorge Museums. See, touch and walk upon magnificent British tiles as you wander through the original gas-lit trade showroom, fascinating galleries and period room settings.
See, touch and walk upon magnificent British tiles as you wander through the original trade showroom, fascinating galleries and period room settings.
Explore rooms filled with beautiful displays and settings in one of the factories which was once at the centre of the world tile industry in Jackfield.
- Walk through an Edwardian Tube Station, a pub and a children's hospital ward
- Explore the National Collections
- Discover tile decorating techniques including encaustic, embossed, dust press and tube-lined
- Wander through the original gas-lit trade show room
- See the Craven Dunnill factory in operation on certain days
- Design and create your own unique tile at one of our creative workshops (See the Events Calendar below for details on our Tile Decorating Workshops)
- Take a look inside Fusion, home to a number of fantastic designers and makers. Find out more about the artisans at Fusion here.
- Join in a factory tour every Wednesday at 11.00am
Download our detailed Access Guide here. You should allow 1 – 2 hours for a visit to Jackfield Tile Museum. A café is available at the museum serving snacks and drinks whilst a gift shop sells a range of tiles and souvenirs.
Check the Events Calendar for further information on the fun drop-in workshops that run during all major school holidays.
Flight-themed Tile Decorating Workshops
Get creative over the February half-term holidays at our flight-themed drop-in tile decorating workshops at Jackfield Tile Museum. Be as creative as you like perhaps tube-line a hot air...